Laptop powers on, stuck at loading screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILovemecomputer

Hey everyone, i'm new to this place, just needed some guidance from some skilled computer techies. I have a toshiba laptop that powers on, charges fine. But it is stuck at the " In Touch with Tomorrow"
TOSHIBA
screen. (if this helps) My sister took the battery out of my laptop while it was running (don't ask me why) and put it in hers, then back in mine. I tryed to turn it on, oh few it works ......... then nothing. So i'm stuck.... Any suggestions? :dead:

P.S. here's some specs.

TOSHIBA
Sattellite m115 - s1061 SYSTEM UNIT
MODEL NO. PSMB6U-00G005

If u you need anymore info, just ask.

try reseting your CMOS settings to default, press f2 or delete ( whichever it prompts you do do) right when you turn it on , reset to default and f11 to save changes and exit.

Also try this

Remove the Power cord and battery
Hold down the ON button for 30secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Plug the power cord back in (leave the battery out for the moment)
Turn on

Does it work?
If so, shutdown normally
Re-insert the battery
Turn back on

:)

P.S. it looks kinda like this

In Touch with Tomorrow
TOSHIBA

intel

Press F2 for System Utilities, or Press F12 for Boot Menu |||||||||||||||||| | pheonix)

(the lines resemble the bar, see, not loading all the way)

And when i press F2, it says "please wait...", but doesn't do anything, i have waited days and days for it to do something, but it still says "please wait..." and the F12 key doesn't even do anything, doesn't say or do nothin.

Did you try what kim had mentioned ?
Remove battery, unplug charger, and hold power button down for 30 seconds.
Plug in charger, try to turn laptop on.
If system starts, turn off , put the battery back in.

Let us know if that produces any results.

Did you try the above?

Also try this (may as well use this post to try to help further)

Remove the HardDrive (it is usually held in by one screw)
Then push it back in securely
Then turn on

I have seen faulty HardDrives give this error, doing the above (then letting me know x 2) sometimes fixes it

Edit:

Oh thanks xLokix

i tryed kims theory, didn't work, im going to do the hardrive thing now, where exactly is it located? i don't want to unscrew anything that shouldn't be unscrewed....

Im not sure i would take it to a shop , sounds like your motherboard is toast , and depending on your financial situation that can cost more than the laptop is worth to fix. Its your call.

Recovery disk ? If im understanding correctly you cannot get past the bios correct? That will not help anything , however give it a try i may be mistaken . Im not sure because im not witnessing the problem first hand , but you most likely will not be able to run the disc. Seems to me like your freezing before the system is booting your hardware ( Harddrive , cd-rom , floppy )

well, im only 14, it's not like i have a job or anything. So, i guess im S**t outta luck. Thanks for all your guyses help and everythihng, i really appreciate the effort. I guess we can't save my precious

R.I.P
K-mans Laptop
:dead:

The memory is located under a small square panel on the bottom of the laptop , should be a small screw holding it in place, memory lays "flat" in the laptop just lift it up it goes back in at an angle and press it down flat.

looks like a 3 inch rectangular green chip with about 4 black raised squares on it. Take it out , put it back in.

Toshiba-Satellite-M115-sm02.jpg

Basic input-output system, pretty much in a nutshell its the basic software installed on your motherboard to allow you to install an operating system and manage hardware. ( windows etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back