Laptop Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently own a Packard Bell Easynote 5142 laptop which working fine until the other evening when the battery began to run low. I plugged the charger in but the battery continued to run down until the laptop switched itself off. Since then I have not been able to switch the laptop back on. When pressing the power button all 3 lights (power 2 x charging) flash then go off again but it fails to boot. I have tested the power supplier to ensure that is working correctly and the same thing happens with or without the battery connected.

I took the laptop into PC World as I was passing and as it was orginally purchased from there and they seemed to think that it may be the motherboard causing the problems but would be unable to fix it.

My first question is does this sound right?

If so how easy would it be to replace? I have built and managed desktops but never done anything with laptops.

And finally if it is straight forward any idea where I can by a new motherboard from?

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to help and hopefully help me out.

Jon

Hi Jon

When you say you tested the PSU, what did you test, voltage or ampage, you can still get a voltage output but if the ampage has dropped due to component failure then it wont power the laptop.

Never trust PC world they dont know their ar*e from their Elbow, I use to go in regular just to mess the PC's up and test the knowledge of their sales reps and repair techs, they have the technical knowledge of a Monkey.

As for replacing a motherboard, well its easy to do but a right pain in the backside, however I speak from dealing with Dell laptops not Slackard Hells but I think they are all pretty much built the same.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back