Laptop PSU stopped working

lazerman3000

Hi there I am looking for some help with my old laptop. It is a Dell Inspiron 6000 and the PSU has stopped working altogether.

I have some other dell laptops and since it is not worth buying a new PSU for this old laptop I was wondering if it would work with one of the PSU from the others I have.

One is also fairly old: Inspiron 1525 with a supply from the PA-12 family putting out 19.5V and 3.34 Amps. The other is a new Latitude E6410 putting out 19.5 V and 4.62 Amps.

The label on the back of the Inspiron 6000 says it takes an input of 19.5V and 4.62A. SO my question is will either of these work? I only need to power the laptop I don't need to charge the battery.

Thank you in advance

the psu from latitude E6410 is identical to the one in inspiron 6000. 19V and 4.62A. they should work.

Thank you

I had been looking for somewhere on the internet that compared them but all sites seem to state different compatibilities. My new Latitude has a slim power supply where the 6000 had a big one but the input plug seems to be the same size. I will give it a try and hope for the best

well for me i've been using acer there is no problem across different models as long you do note the ratings on the adapter and do not use underpowered PSU to power up your laptop.

beside, i don't think dell decided to make different models have different plugs for example. a 'universal' compatibility would benefit them no doubt.

Back