Laptop reboots when gently bumped or moved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am nearly fed up with my Dell Inspiron 1525 I have only had for about 7 months now. Not only has it started falling apart on me (by this, I mean screws falling out, screen loosening up, left-click mouse button getting stuck and eventually falling off, CD drive cover falling off, bottom of the casing falling off because of lack of screws, etc.) but I have also experienced my hard drive failing on me twice in a two-week interval, which was about a month and a half ago. Now, I have another problem: It rebooted on me the other night.. and when I try to boot up, it tells me that something isn't recognized in the system and won't boot up, and sometimes it tells me that a "recent change in hardware might have created the issue" or something of the sort. I'm not sure what the problem is, but when I finally am able to boot up, I can't move my laptop or it will BlueScreen and perform a memory dump and won't reboot up for many of the times that I try to start it.

When I am able to get onto my user screen and start up all of the applications that I use, a bubble will pop up saying that Microsoft has recovered from an unexpected shutdown, and that Windows can check online for a solution. It never finds a solution when I tell it to. I click details and it shows a bunch of techie codes or something that I can't understand. I'm not sure what they mean, but maybe they will mean something to you all.

If this information is needed, I run on Vista Home Premium.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: C000001D
BCP2: 81DF1246
BCP3: 8ADCBBBC
BCP4: 8ADCB8B8
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini073009-03.dmp
C:\Users\Brandi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-74708-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Brandi\AppData\Local\Temp\WER3532.tmp.version.txt

If any of you are able to help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Is this laptop still under warranty? Is so, return it for repair or replacment before the warranty expires

Yes, it's under warranty. My brother knows a little bit about computers and found that it's the RAM card that's malfunctioning. We knew that something was wrong with memory, so he took the RAM card out and it works fine now, just a lot slower.

You should max out the memory to 1 or 2 GB paying attention to get the exact same type as the original memory, as far as type and speed

snowchick:
I have no idea what RMA the RAM means... and it's fine. My laptop is still under warranty and I have a tech coming out in a few days to replace the RAM and some other parts that have fallen off/out. I'm getting all of this done for free, so I won't have to RMA it, whatever that means.

Tmagic:
I think I had a 2 GB RAM card or something.

Yes, let the tech install the maximum amount of RAM. He may even replace the whole laptop. Max RAM may be 2GB. The errors were all caused by bad RAM (Random Access Memory)... It really sounds like your laptop was dropped

No, it's never been dropped. It's just a crappy laptop. The reviews on this specific one I have weren't very good.. I just got it because I needed one and it was cheap at the time. It's been carried around a lot, and the only "dropping" that's been done to it is by me or my family gently placing it on our laps or tables..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back