Laptop recommendations

lthebmanl

I could use some advice...

My computer recently bit the bullet and I am in the market for a new laptop. Its purpose will be solely for work use, which will include research and writing.

I was thinking about a mini notebook. I've heard some things about them - that you can hook up the computer to a larger screen when needed, though light enough for you to transport anywhere easily.

I really don't have much time on my hands at the moment to research, that is why I'm reaching out to the techspot community.

I am a new member; however, my several interactions with the techspot community have been favorable.

Thanks,

b

I highly recommend the Lenovo Thinkpad either in the X Series or the T Edge series.

The X120e 11.6" netbook in the E-350 cpu is very popular (many people stream 1080p video through this) as is the 12.5" X220. Their Edge series will also more than fit the bill (I purchased two of their 1st generation models for wife and daughter; 2nd generation is out now).

Go to Lenovo's Website and look up their laptops. Then look at their Thinkpad models. You can configure to what you need but I would definitely go with no less than 4 gigs of RAM. if you know how to install RAM you may want to purchase an additional 2 gigs on your own as it will be cheaper.

* All of the above will more than fit your needs and then some and keep you well under $1000 with the X220 with an i5-2520 pushing it at $900.00

Back