TechSpot

Laptop restart/freeze

By antonea
Mar 20, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So, I am having trouble with my laptop now. It either freezes or randomly restarts. If I don't touch it for a day or so I am able to get to my desktop, but after about 15min it will either freeze, restart, or go to a black screen. when i shut down my laptop illegally or whatever and turn it back on i will hear my hdd spinning but ill just have a black screen. i reformated my hard drive, so i dont think im having any type of malware or virus problem.

i tested my RAM and it was good, and the temperature of my computer sits at a steady 50-55c. i know thats a bit higher than average, but i dont think thats hot enough to be overheating my laptop.

this is a bit strange: when i touch the right bottom corner of my computer to look on the bottom of it (had to get my serial to re-register windows after formatting it), it restarts. my heatsink and fan are located in that area of my laptop.

any ideas?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.