Inactive Laptop runs slow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please look over my logs and see if there are any issues I should fix? This computer is a 2 year old laptop running Vista. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Note:

the gmer.log file could not be uploaded but it was empty anyway.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-12-25 (14-10-01).txt
    902 bytes · Views: 1
  • DDS.txt
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
Happy Holiday! But I have to be Scrooge here.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic154928.html
New malware forum rule - all logs have to be PASTED!

All required logs have to be PASTED.

If some log exceeds 50,000 characters, split it between couple of posts.
The above rule will be strictly enforced.
Attached logs will NOT be reviewed anymore.

The reason behind it is, that pasted logs can be easier and faster read by malware helper.
===========================================
I can tell you why the laptop is slow. You have way too many processes running! If they start on boot, most will continue to run in the background. After you surf for a while and gather temporary internet files, you're going to slow down. Your startup will be slow as will the shutdown. Please understand that in this forum, we address the 'slow' issue when it's caused by malware entries.

It does not appear that you are doing regular maintenance as I see some old versions of programs still on the system. I can check you for malware, get rid of some of the 'junk' like the AskBar and see if there is any actual malware. But you are still going to be slow unless you take processes off of Startup, uninstall programs you're not using.

If you want to go on, please paste the logs in and include the additional log from DDS named Attached.txt.
GMER logs aren't 'empty.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back