Laptop screen issues

By goododeboy
Mar 17, 2008
  1. Hi y'all
    I have a hp pavilion 1000. My monitor's image is very faint. If you tilt the screen you can barely make out what's on it. I purchased a new screen but the issue is still there. What could be wrong with my monitor or register? When I send it to the serial port, I can view the screen fine on another monitor. Please help? Thanks!
  2. Matthew

Matthew TechSpot Staff Posts: 5,261   +92

My initial post was incorrect :(. Sorry.

You're sure everything is totally attached and connected properly between the LCD and motherboard?
  3. goododeboy

goododeboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Yes, I attached everything the same. The problem does not appear to be with the monitor but with motherboard or circuit.
  4. spxnerd

spxnerd TS Rookie

I had a problem with that when I first purchased my laptop. I would keep trying to reposition the angle of the screen and sometimes it would work, if it's still under warranty you can try to get it back to the manufacturer. I also googled it at the time and it said it may have been loose wiring to the monitor.
  5. goododeboy

goododeboy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Will check suggestion

Thank you for your input and insight. I will check it out tomorrow,
  6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

"When I send it to the serial port, I can view the screen fine on another monitor"...

Did you mean " When I send it to the external video port"? If the motherboard was the cause, I think that the external video port wouldn't work. It almost has to be a bad LDC panel replacement, or a damaged LCD panel connection on the motherboard
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.