Laptop screen messed up

Forrest137

Hi,

I have a compaq presario f500 and about 8/10s of the screen is messed up. Not sure if I need a new LED bulb or what. any advice much appreciated.
577475_462459233781115_100000511271470_1713292_1040080393_n.jpg

Have you tried plugging in the laptop into a external monitor and seeing if its just the screen itself or if its the comptuer itself?

Also how old is the computer?

just plugged it into an external monitor, and it looks fine. Think its just the LED in the screen?

and the computer is about 5 years old. I know most would say just get a new one, but I just spent 175$ getting a new motherboard installed like 4 months ago, so Im trying to get this one fixed and squeeze more life out of it.

Definitely try the external monitor first. that's gonna narrow the possibilities. I have the same issue but mine is perfect on an external monitor. its a toshiba a200. so I just wonder if its more likely the actual LCD or the inverter.. any ideas, alexe?photo.JPG

If the inverter was faulty, only the backlight would be affected. It looks like something is wrong with the LCD panel itself.

Panel faulty or the inverter but, both should be replace when you change out the panel. To get panels from the OEM LCD Parts or look on ebay..

I looked on ebay already, but all I could find was the replacement bulb. is there a website for the oem lcd parts?

Yes but you need to know the part number if you going to use ebay. I use that to get acer 17.3" keyboard, but you can't get the keyboard without the OEM part number. So again get the part number. There are LCD Panel sites but you need the OEM part number. The same if I was working on a panel for DELL I would need a part number, model number and description of the part. To get the wrong panel would be useless.

Back