Laptop screen takes 3-5 minutes to turn on

By Dat1Gamer
Feb 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello! I've been turning my laptop on from standby and its been taking 3-5 min to turn on my laptop is running just it my screen my laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L335D
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Get into the power profiles and turn off standby and hibernate. See if this helps this screen issue. You can access the power settings from the screensaver window...
  3. Dat1Gamer

Dat1Gamer TechSpot Booster Topic Starter Posts: 135

Nope didnt help only thing that got it to like 2min was tearing it apart and cleaning the moniter connections
  4. misor

misor TechSpot Addict Posts: 748   +111

Delete temporary files and folders.
    defragment your hard disk drive.
  5. Dat1Gamer

K ill do that over night
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,088   +723

this wont really effect the screen. Is the screen just black? Do you notice it is slightly backlit? Or just 100% black? If it is 100% it is probably a screen issue. If you see a backlit the defrag may help.
  7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

Take a flashlight and shine it on the screen. If you can see an image, the back light is bad, but an external monitor will show normal video
  8. Dat1Gamer

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.