Laptop shows no available resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlbertLionheart

I have a laptop in the office of peculiar make as peddled by the box-shifters in UK which has suddenly started misbehaving. Devices have stopped working - almost all of them, one by one, and on looking in the device manager I see that although the drivers are all installed the message shown for the thing not working is that there are no available resources.
Checking the IRQs and allocated memory all looks normal - anyone any ideas?
Bear in mind that because of these problems I cannot get data or programmes in or out of the machine!
cheers

I would try a different hard disk with a newly installed operating system first to cross check this. if the result is the same I would consult the support and let them have the laptop checked. I assume that it is a new laptop and has warranty.

Hi mscrx
no warranty, and I have discovered this thing is a Medion with a different badge and a known problem with a bad graphics chip - I have a friend who can do circuit board repairs and I have taken it to him today - he confirmed my diagnosis and will have a go at fixing it and finding a replacement CD drive for it.
If it were mine I wouldn't waste the money on it.

yes, I wouldn't waste the money either. these days you buy a cheap laptop everywhere. anyways hope he can fix it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back