Laptop shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.
my NEC i-Select M4610 laptop keeps shutting down it trys to start up again but with no sucsses its only recently started doing this and the only change ive made is to get BT broad band. it works fine in work so its not a case of over heating ive evan reset back to factory settings and started again with no change ive replaced the power pack with a new one and i have tryed direct to power socket without the battery as i know its knackerd it no longer holds a charge but i still get the same thing it somtimes makes it as far as getting my dek top up but not for long and it starts shutting down and starting up again. can anybody help its starting to get annoying now.

Hard drive failure, memory failure, dirt-dust-lint in cooling fan, or other hardware failures can be causes of this problem. It can take some time to track it down... Also can be an infestation, bad cable to power block, damaged connector or socket, or defective CMOS battery. Sometimes, the screen inverter causes this when it goes bad... have you had any flickering or darkening of images on the screen.

First, try to start in <SAFE MODE>

If you can, go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager and look for red, yellow, or black flags by any of the devices listed... that will give you a clue as to where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back