Laptop stuck, wants to go to recovery mode at startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends laptop had a virus and I took the hard drive out and cleaned it up but now the laptop is stuck in recovery mode because he put the recovery disk in but didn;t have the second disk and now when you boot it up it wants to keep going into recovery mode. Any ideas to get it to boot normal? It won't even let me hit F8 and try safe mode???

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to you!
You may need to perform a clean install of Windows. You can get the drivers for the laptop from the manufacturers support website

Thanks for the reply, I kinda thought that would be the route I'd have to go. Was hoping someone out there would know a way to get it to boot. I've tried everything I know....Oh well, thanks

Don't format yet

Do not format yet! Go into the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System). There are different keys you press, it depends on your BIOS and is usually displayed at POST (Power On Self Test). There should be an option to change boot order. Switch CD/DVD to HDD. Boot the laptop. Post results.

Wow superty12,
the last post in this thread was last January. If azmike41 hasn't done at the very least, a fresh OS install by now, he never will

"LOL" Thanks guys but yeah already did a fresh install!! Customer was happy, thats all that matters..still charged them for the time! Funny Tmagic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back