Laptop suddenly says charged but won't start on battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren192

My HP celeron laptop, about 15 months old, is suddenly unable to start unless plugged into the mains.

When it is, it says the battery is 96% chared with 11 hrs of unfeasible battery life. Once then disconnected, it still runs, though not sure how long for.

Shut down, and the battery charging light blinks frequently,but the laptop won't start at all.

What do hyou think has happened? If the battery has gone I think this is poor for a HP machine and will try to get them/and/or the vendor to replce even though what was a 12m warranty has expired.

battery very well could need replacement.

I still got my 5 year old toshiba and it still has the original battery!

Hey Darren192

Laptop batteries fail all the time unfortunately. I doubt that they would replace the battery for you without charging you for it. The reason they have only a year warranty on the battery in the first place is because of the fact that it is prone to fail. Laptops are continuously plugged into different sockets making them vulnerable to power surges etc.

Spyder_1386 :)

Its working again, I'd changed the performance settings in Vista which I now realise are best left now alone, back on "HP optimised" I have battery life again. Thanks for the advice, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back