Laptop suddenly won't connect wirelessly

My 6 month old i7 Samsung laptop with windows 7 has suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly to my router (HG 520b Echolife). I have done numerous checks with my IP address within the basic function and everything appears fine. WLAN settings all fine.My laptop will connect fine direct to the ethernet connection in the back of the router and works fine from there. When I disconnect and try wirelessly, it indicates a strong signal on my network but when I try to connect (with the correct security code etc) it goes it to windows troubleshooter and fails every time. My friends android phone allows my laptop to connect to his wireless network?? and his phone can access my network from the same router. I am totally baffled about this. Can any one help with this?? I forgot to mention it had connected fine for at least 6 months.

It sounds you need need to completely remove the wireless driver on your laptop & then reinstall it. Connect your laptop to the net with a cable, download the wireless driver to your desktop, uninstall the wireless driver, reboot and install the wireless driver again and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice but I have done this already with still no joy. Everything checks out OK. I can even connect to mobile/Cell phones etc but not to my talktalk router unless physically.

did your router have any kind of software .That you installed upon setup. If so try removing it and resetting the router. Sense you say every thing on the computer is working . Just a thought. Might help

There was no software, as it was supplied from my internet supplier. I have since reset using the small reset hole and it still does not work. My friend can use his Laptop wirelessly through my router and I can conect to his cell phone by my laptop!!!! but I can still not access the internet wirelessly via my router using my laptop!!! Weird

Back