Laptop Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmdl51

Hello!
I'm planning to buy a Laptop maybe next month, I was waiting to save some money and buy a Gaming Laptop (like the XPS or Alienware) but I really need a Laptop and I'm on a budget right now, but I don't want to get a a crappy one, at least I'm not buying celeron or anyone that have Intel Graphics, I've seen some that have ATI Xpress 1100, or the X200 or X600 are these any good? I really have no idea which are good and which are not for Laptops. I need the Laptop for work, but of course I want to play games as much as I can on my spare time, games like AOE 3, NFS MW, not looking to play at Max settings but something that really is worth it to play a little bit with. Can't go over 1,000 with taxes and shipping (if buying online). I would really appreciate your recommendations, Thanks!!

Does it have to be a laptop? :haha:

Well I would say that the XPS would be the best choice because Alienware is a piece of crap because their stuff needs to get upgraded so many times...

If you get a laptop make sure it has a good videocard that comes with it. Like this one: http://ati.amd.com/products/MobilityRadeonx1800/index.html

The ATI x1800 could run about any game today including Oblivion & F.E.A.R ( although F.E.A.R would be hard to play on a Laptop ;) )

Hope I helped :D

Yes, Have to be Laptop, at work I need something portable, I already have a desktop gaming rig at home, not the best but for sure a decent one (check my signature). I wish I have the money to buy an XPS but actually since those are made by Hell...oh I mean Dell, :p I wasn't very convinced that those are good quality. Anyways the problem is the budget, that's why I'm not looking for an ultimate gaming Laptop, just a decent one that let me run some good games on at least medium settings.

Hmm... The best laptops I would ever think of getting for a Gaming laptop would be here www.voodoopc.com ;)

They come with SLI / CrossFire, Have really good processors and have awesome case designs :D

They are over your budget but they are the best gaming laptops you'll find that actualy work ( Alienware is another option but that's up to you ;) )

Whatever you do, stay away from Toshiba laptops! I've went through 3 of them before I finally traded for an HP.

really?? I thought Toshiba was a good one, a friend have one (can't remember the model) for about 6 months now and had no problems with it, well I guess depends on what kind of activities you use your Laptop for. I was trying to stay away from Dell's, Compaq's, and Hp's!! what do you think of gateway? Maybe Sony VAIO but If talking about brands I would like to get Fujitsu :D

rmdl51 said:
really?? I thought Toshiba was a good one, a friend have one (can't remember the model) for about 6 months now and had no problems with it, well I guess depends on what kind of activities you use your Laptop for. I was trying to stay away from Dell's, Compaq's, and Hp's!! what do you think of gateway? Maybe Sony VAIO but If talking about brands I would like to get Fujitsu :D

Well depends on what kind of gaming you are going to do. I was just saying that about the Tosiba's because of so many keyboard problems I've seen in recent months with them.

I would go for the dell xps myself as the laptop was built for gaming and has a good cooling system for cooling down the graphics card nvidea is better than ati on laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back