Laptop turn on for 4 seconds (No Display, Fan noise) and then turn off

I had it for nearly 2 years,
Lenovo Y50-70 Touch -

2 days ago while playing games on it, I smell a chemical smell coming from it so I immediately shut it down just in case. The next time I turn it on, it was fine the backlit keyboard glow red as usual but no display, and now it shut down after 4 seconds (with the fan running) whenever I turn it on except, sometimes It stay on (but still no display and no fan running).

I got no experience into opening pc and such, I I tried opening it up and remove the dust that built us by quite a bit and tried to locate where the chemical smell was from, I though it was probably from the Fan or Coolers as it seems more strong there but not sure. After trying to turn the laptop on a few time the strong smell kind of dissipate a lot, and smell weaker.

I been having a hard time trying to pinpoint just which part of the laptop is needed to replace. So if anyone could help me in the right direction it would be great. I just hope it wont have to buy a whole new motherboard x.x

Also idk if thats helpful information, but the first year playing games was fine, but the 2nd year and the laptop kind of overheated so I tried to cut down a bit and the fans were making more noises than ever. Especially when opening a new game or google chrome.

There are quite a few posts from heavy gamers on the forum concerning problems with their laptops. I read some buyers reviews on this Lenovo which is specified as designed for gaming and it doesn't come out well. After the initial euphoria of buying it and a honeymoon period problems emerge. These laptops are hard to get into and you'd be advised to get a professional to examine it. The motherboard or the complicated double graphics chip arrangement are the likely culprits. This is likely to be an expensive repair. Lenovo support isn't good but that's par for the course.

Back