Inactive Laptop uses 100% of its CPU Usage because of 1 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just made an account on this forum and not sure if this is the right place to make a topic. I've been having some problems with my laptop cause it seems that whenever I play the game League of Legends, my laptop seems to be using 100% of its CPU Usage. It's been doing that for the last 2 weeks and it's anoying me quiet alot because it slows my laptop down enormously. Even if i close the game which seems to be the problem of the usage, it still says im using 100% and my comp stays slow till i restart. I have tried reformating my laptop but there didn't seem any changes. I think i've been playing League of Legends for quiet some time now and haven't got that problem since 2 weeks ago. Back then i was able to maybe play 2 games at the same time or have multiple programs running in the background. And im sure it's not a heating problem cause it seem to be running at 40-60 C.

If someone could help me with this i would be pleased

Thanks.

P.S. I've run a full scan through AVG and there were no warnings or infections found.

I will probably have your thread moved to a more appropriate forum, but please tell me the following:

1. What operating system do you have?
2. How much RAM is installed?

Here are system requirements for Windows 7:

Minimum hardware requirements for Windows 7 Architecture
32-bit Processor: 1 GHz x86 processor
64-bit Processor: 1 GHz x86-64 processor
Memory (RAM) 32 bit> 1 GB 64 bit> 2 GB
Graphics Card DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM driver model 1.0
(Not absolutely necessary; only required for Aero)
HDD free space : 32bit> 16 GB of free disk space 64bit> 20 GB of free disk space
Optical drive DVD drive (only to install from DVD/CD Media)
Source: Wiki
-----------------------------------------
So depending on which version you have, depending on how memory intensive the game is, depending on what else is running or what other Active Windows, it's possible that you may not have enough RAM. or that the processor can't handle it:
League of Legends:
Minimum System Requirements
* 2 GHz processor
* 1 GB RAM
Recommended System Requirements
* 3 GHz processor
* 1 GB RAM

From My own experience over the years, I have found that these numbers are usually on the low side. Kind of like "it looks good on paper, but it isn't in practice."

If I wasn't able to play League of Legends properly before this problem occured that would have been the problem but since i've had no problems for maybe half a year while having other programs open in the background... I think it's not the problem that my notebook can't handle Windows 7 nor the game League of Legends.

But thanks for the reply anyway.

If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
=====================================================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time and I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
  • Please let me know if there is any change in the system.
If I have not replied for 2 days, you can send me a PM reminder. Include the URL of your thread. Please do not send me a PM to tell me your logs are up.
If I don't get a reply from you in 5 days, the thread will be closed. If your problem persist, you can send a PM to reopen it.
=====================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back