Laptop will not boot Windows 7 disc

terry5880

hi all i put post up in malware as laptop has got many issues etc due to opening an email then all of sudden system32 error virus etc so decided to reformat laptop but i put disc in and no matter what i do it will not boot when turn on please hellp

yea mate i had malware virus then coming up with loads of errors and hareware faliure .. so decided to reformat as easiest option.. it had windows 7 home on it im trying to put win7 ultimate would that matter as just wont boot goes to sometimes but then back to bootmgr ... but prob occured when i went into safe mode screen and done format from in there little way in battery died on laptop then wen turned back on bootmgr . please help

So you're saying the boot manager or BIOS is set to CD/DVD as the first boot device and when you start the laptop with the Windows 7 DVD already in the optical drive tray, it won't boot?

correct m8 it just comes back saying BOOTMGR is missing every time some time is goes to but i click any key and back to bootmgr on black screen

There is the possibiity that you have lost the master boot record to one of the MBR virus/infestations... Have you had anything else on the screen recently, such as "Windows 7 Security 2012" or Windows XP Security 2012? or any other infestation that your antivirus or anti malware software removed?
There are several combinations racing around the internet where removal of one infestation also removes the master boot record... then you cannot boot and what you report is one of the seven reports users are getting.

i could get on desctop b4 but when tried to reformatt laptop battery died half way through and now since i am getting bootmgr but wont boot from disc could this be becuse it was win7 home and im trying to boot with win7 ultimate or ? also if i hold ctrl alt delete like it says to restart it straight away goes back to bootmgr but if i leave off for few min then try i can hear disc trying but then after 20 seconds i get bootmgr again

Do you have an available option, such as putting that drive into an external enclosure so you can boot to another drive, then run some repair tools on the partially defective one.

When your system dies in the middle of a reformat, it is often helpful to wipe the drive via another source... Since you wre in the midst of formatting, nothing is going to be hurt if you reformat it as a slave on another computer?

no cant do nothing at all just black screen with bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt delete to restart put disc in tray and wont boot tried 3 different os

Can you trade out both your CD/DVD drive and your hard drive ?

These new virus attacks we are seeing in the Southwest remove all chances to boot. The computer just sits there until you replace everything... strange, and scarey.

Or maybe your optical drive has gone south.

but prob occured when i went into safe mode screen and done format from in there little way in battery died on laptop then wen turned back on bootmgr . please help
redo the formatting;
be sure to use the BIOS sequence to boot from the CD. Prior notes suggest you tried to boot
the CD but actually got to the HD (ie bootmgr missing is impossible on the CD).

Back