Laptop will not turn on/screen doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so I have an Acer Aspire 3002LMi and for as long as I've had it it has been susceptible to overheating easily and crashing. Normally this is resolved by manually cutting the power and everything is fine and dandy.

Now my sister was on the laptop and shut it down normally, and the next time I came to turn it on the green light on the power button came on, and I could hear some fans whirring inside and the CD drive was spinning, basically everything one would expect for a normal boot up, except there was nothing on the screen. No faint images, and the same happened when I attached a monitor and attempted to switch between screens.

I have tried many solution so far, such as opening up the laptop to see if the screen has come loose, and checking RAM, processor etc however everything seems to be fine and all connected.

Was hoping for any possible ideas as to how to resolve my problem, or whether it is more likely to be a component failure due to the overheating mentioned?

Sorry for the long windedness I am just trying to be as specific as possible to save answering all the basic questions over and over.

Thanks for any help
Matt

If you see normal views on the external screen, you likely have burned out your LCD Screen inverter. You should be able to find replacements online, but you need experience installing inverters. There are about 18 screws to remove since you must disassemble the top half of the case, and remove the screen to access the inverter socket which is at the bottom of the screen. Usually you can get an inverter for $15, but there are almost no two alike so be sure you have the correct one.

typical problem for this series is corrupted BIOS ROM image. i can propose you, to reflash bios chip with external programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back