Laptop Windows XP FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I have a Compaq Presario v6000 and while trying to start it up normally and in safe mode I get a flash of blue screen and then it just restarts.
I filmed the screen and paused the video when the blue screen appears and It comes with this message...

FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time blah blah blah blah

Technical Information:
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xC3600000, 0x00000000, 0x8053A8E3, 0x00000000)

I don't have a setup disk or anything and the windows ultimate boot CD I made also crashes to blue screen on startup.

How old is this system? Also, does this system ever allow you to load to the desktop screen?

Unfortunately you belong to many of us - me included - that bought the Compaq Presario DV6000 (and DV9000) and the epic fail of the motherboards. Seriously, HP put in the faulty Nvidia G33/34 chipsets that become so hot that they literally fried and warped the board. It happened more in the AMD than the Intel systems but it had nothing to do with either. It was solely HP's lousy defective design.

HP had to replace a TON of them and in many cases it still didn't resolve the issue. When I bought my daughter's laptop it slowly but surely began to fail. I believe I actually got a year and a half further out of it because I purchased a cooling pad to keep the temps down. Then it died two months before her senior project/graduation. I replaced it with a Lenovo. I'll never buy another HP laptop again.

There was a period when HP offered free replacement of the board but that period has passed. It would cost you more to ship it both ways (HP won't do it), tech service and testing, plus new motherboard than spending the cash on a brand new system.

The harddrive should still be okay (though it probably is a Toshiba which are poor quality compared to others) so you might be able to access your harddrive through another system.

Back