Laptop Wireless help strange issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new here and found this forum in search for some answers to my strange wireless network & Laptop issue.

For some odd reason my laptop will work with the wireless system in the house as long as I dont have it plugged into the electrical outlet. As soon as my battery gets low and I plug in to the outlet it suddenly disconnects me and cant find the wireless network?

As soon as I unplug it can find it and I can be online?

WTH? I am a 40 year old mother of 3 and not techinal at all? BUt one time I did install my own usb hub in my home computer. Now that was a major accomplishment for me so as you can tell I dont know the correct terminology. Everything to me is that doodah... or thingy ma jig...

Can anyone help me or tell me why my laptop is doing this?

You might need to try a new AC power adapter. This is the thing that you plug into the wall

My computer charges. It I just cant use the internet and charge at the same time. I can be on the internet (cia wireless in the house) go to plug my computer in and boom. Suddenly it cannot find the wireless server. It also shows me there there isnt a wireless service?

Can a bad a AC power adapter distrupt wireless?

Thanks for the sggestion. I will see if I can find another and try that. Its worth a shot!

Anyone else have any suggestions? Willing to listen to anyone!

while it is possible that a bad AC/DC converter could cause your issue, it is more likely your battery is not holding a charge or is charging poorly. If you keep your laptop plugged in ALL the time, you will wear out your battery. The batteries need to be exercised. A new battery will run around $120. the old one must be disposed of properly.

If the converter is VERY hot to the touch, it has probably gone bad. A shorting converter could cause RF interference and is also a fire hazard.

Other possibilities include a failing wificard which will require servicing. or you can turn off the internal wifi and plug in an external wifi in your PCMCIA port.

Try removing the battery and see if you can connect to the Internet with the laptop plugged in to the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back