Laptop with Windows 7 won't turn on?

I have a Dell HP Pavilion dv4-2165dx. For a while now my computer has been acting strangely(pop ups all the time even when I am not on the internet, and files I deleted off the desktop coming back without me restoring them). Yesterday my internet wouldn't even work(I use an ethernet cord for my dorm). Today its working, but only when I start the computer in safe mode. I have four options when the computer starts up. safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt, and normal mode. It works in safe mode with networking. If I try normal mode, as soon as I sign in, the screen goes dark(I can still see the cursor on the screen though but everything else is black). Can anyone help...? I know NOTHING about computers so could someone walk me through what to do? And I have windows 7.

Working in Safe Mode means that drivers are most probably the issue. However, with your symptoms there is a very strong possibility you are still infected.

Go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum, read the Updated 8 Steps sticky and follow those steps exactly as given in the the order given.

Then on that forum, after you have done the steps, post with the required attachments. You'll get excellent help.

Back