TechSpot

Laptop won't connect to wireless

By bablan
Nov 16, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi,
    I just purchased a Sony Vaio NW235D laptop and it will not connect to my wireless router. Currently I have a D-Link DI-524 router and I'm thinking it's not compatible with Windows 7, which my laptop comes with.

My laptop can search for my wireless connection but every time I click on connect it tells me "Windows cannot connect to my wireless". I've tried resetting the router, I've hooked up my laptop to my PC connection and it can't search/won't recognize my d-link router.

Is there anything else I can try to make it connect or will I need to purchase a new wireless router?

Thanks.

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

The D-Link DI-524 was discontinued January 1, 2009, but it works fine with my copy of Windows 7.

Have you tried a complete uninstall, and reinstall... of all the related software. I use a Registry editor to get all the old files off before the reinstall.

Since your system doesn't see the d-Link router, I suspect it has reached the end of its useful product life... It is, after all, seven years old or so...

I don't recall having difficulties with mine when Windows 7 came along, but I have had to rassle with some DI- Dlink units.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.