Laptop won't log in

Ok, I've got a IBM thinkpad T43 which i was given during work experience with a ICT job. The laptop worked perfectly for about 6 months and then started to shut down regularly, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but the programme i had was windows 7 testing purpose. Since this was before windows 7 was released, after it shutting down before it shut down it started to get this big blue page up with lots of white writing which made no sense to me at all, it was on the page for about 3 secs and was impossible to read. I'ts been about half a year now since i last went on this laptop and want to get it running again, when i start the laptop up i get the 2 options, Start windows normally or repair windows, something like that. Now if i click start windows normally the windows sign will come up then it will shut down, if i choose repair windows it will search for a while and say that it was unable to find anything, i have options that go on to diagnosing and stuff, i've basically gone through every option and nothing has helped. The final option i have left on the screen is to finish, when i click finish it shuts down again. I've tried taking the battery out and running it straight from the power and still no luck. Could anyone help me or does it sound pretty done for? : / Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any ideas of whats wrong.

When that blue screen appears with that code press the "pause" button on your keyboard which will stop it from disapearing and write down the code error and look it up on google or post it on here again. Need to know the error code before anyone can solve the problem

Back