TechSpot

Laptop won't reboot

By calikid229
Sep 29, 2008
  1. hi, newcomer here. I never had problems with my hp v3000 laptop unitl about two days ago when i tried to restart it and it didn't shutdown and restart. I had to manually to power down and reboot. then a couple hrs later I tried to restart after installing new apps and it took me five trys to get the screen to come on. Yesterday it took me 8 tries in the morning to get the screen on. Everything seems fine. The ligths come on and the fan comes on when ever i press the power button except the screen. It just takes alot of tries to make it come on. oh and my wireless card isnt working anymore, maybe a link or something to the other problem. Anybody have any ideas.

2. Achilles_ny

Achilles_ny TS Rookie

When a laptop's screen doesn't come on, you should connect an external monitor and see if you get a picture. Remember to cycle through the different video modes ( Fn-F4 in your case ). Also, make sure the memory modules a seated properly.

Some possible causes include: Backlight in LCD screen needs replacement or onboard mobo video is faulty. Good luck.

3. manacloud1

manacloud1 TS Rookie Posts: 45

well

seems to me like a hardware problem with power. You should bring it into a store to get it looked at.

also spyware could cause this as well. If you dont have any spyware its hardware then.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.