Laptop won't reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, newcomer here. I never had problems with my hp v3000 laptop unitl about two days ago when i tried to restart it and it didn't shutdown and restart. I had to manually to power down and reboot. then a couple hrs later I tried to restart after installing new apps and it took me five trys to get the screen to come on. Yesterday it took me 8 tries in the morning to get the screen on. Everything seems fine. The ligths come on and the fan comes on when ever i press the power button except the screen. It just takes alot of tries to make it come on. oh and my wireless card isnt working anymore, maybe a link or something to the other problem. Anybody have any ideas.

When a laptop's screen doesn't come on, you should connect an external monitor and see if you get a picture. Remember to cycle through the different video modes ( Fn-F4 in your case ). Also, make sure the memory modules a seated properly.

Some possible causes include: Backlight in LCD screen needs replacement or onboard mobo video is faulty. Good luck.

well

hi, newcomer here. I never had problems with my hp v3000 laptop unitl about two days ago when i tried to restart it and it didn't shutdown and restart. I had to manually to power down and reboot. then a couple hrs later I tried to restart after installing new apps and it took me five trys to get the screen to come on. Yesterday it took me 8 tries in the morning to get the screen on. Everything seems fine. The ligths come on and the fan comes on when ever i press the power button except the screen. It just takes alot of tries to make it come on. oh and my wireless card isnt working anymore, maybe a link or something to the other problem. Anybody have any ideas.

seems to me like a hardware problem with power. You should bring it into a store to get it looked at.

also spyware could cause this as well. If you dont have any spyware its hardware then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back