Laptop won't see boot cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently Formatted A TANGENT LAPTOP with FDISK. Put in the WIN 98 FLOPPY DISK and WIN 98 CD - Like 100s OF Times B4. I usually install 98 FIRST, then upgrade to XP. BUT THIS TIME THE COMPUTER IS NOT SEEING THE CD. I TRIED DIFFERENT CDs, EVEN DIFFERENT ROM DRIVES. NOTHING WORKS. I'M WONDERING IF THIS IS BECAUSE IT'S A CD/DVD ROM DRIVE. THE LIGHT COMES ON, THE DRIVERS GET INSTALLED, BUT I'M TOLD THAT DRIVE E ISN'T READY - OR NO OS. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW I CAN GET AN OS ON THIS WITH FLOPPIES? TRIED FLASH DRIVE ALSO, BUT THE BIOS DOESN'T HAVE THE CAPACITY TO SEE IT. THANKS FOR ANY SUGGESTIONS. ALOHA! :confused:

Shouting (using all caps) is impolite. FDISK is not a format utility. It is a partitioning tool. A FORMAT is a separate operation. Try using an external USB CDROM

Sorry about that. Wasn't shouting - just being lazy about using he shift key. Lol. Thanks for your suggestion. It crossed my mind. So i guess I'll have to go buy one. Fdisk is the floppy utility i often use to erase the hard drive. Normally I'm able to format with the cdrom after fdisk. This is the first time using a boot cd wasn't an option. I really do appreciate your help. Aloha and mahalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back