Hi guys im doing a love job for a friend and need a little help Problem: Laptop would start up for 10-20 seconds then shut down. I did the basic stuff, remove ram, HDD and try again. No go. So i stripped it down, had a look around, re seated the heat sink fan with new paste. Now I hold the power button on, light come on as normal but shuts down straight away. Lights only on for 1-2 seconds (while holding power button). I can hear the fan spin and the dvd rom spin. Notes: This is running off a power cord not the battery (has no battery) I was thinking it might be a faulty power adapter, any ideas?