Laptop won't startup properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaznxryux

Recently my laptop would not turn on properly...

I turned on the switch and the screen would stay pitch black, no glow or any light would come out of it...At first I thought that the screen is busted so I connected the laptop to my desktop monitor through VGA...still nothing.

The problem is that besides the screen does not display anything...it turns itself back off within 30 seconds...

I have also tried testing the battery pack/adapter...both seems to be working...

my conclusion is either the motherboard is damaged or the power source is dead...

since I am rather new at IT i would like to know what else could be causing my laptop from turning on properly

thank you in advance

Power Issues
Run the unit without the battery and connect it to AC power source. If it still doesn't turn on then you have a faulty power connector or power module on the MOBO (motherboard)

Screen Problems
Look at your [Fn] (function buttons) one of them has a picture of your monitor. [ ] You press the [Fn] and the picture above the Function Num keys. Most are [Fn] [F5] you would press them at the same time then press the [F5] 1, 2, 3 while holding down on [Fn]. If this still doesn't do anything. Then connect VGA monitor or HDTV with VGA (PC connection) to your laptop to see if you can still view anything. If not then, the LCD panel needs to be replaced.

I have tried all of the above last week...

testing battery, AC source, pressing Fn, and connecting to VGA...none of them work...

thats why i suspect its a mobo problem or power source...

sorry if i confused anyone, but the main problem right now is

1. turn on laptop
2. no lights emits from screen .... stays pitch black
3. keyboard and battery lights on
4. after 20-30 seconds, shuts itself back off automatically, then turns itself back on sometimes for another 20-30 seconds before shutting off for good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back