Laptop won't turn on after I removed screen

Hey guys, I know there's a bunch of 'laptop won't turn on' threads around but none seem to apply to my laptop.
Basically, I have an HP dv2915nr Pavilion and the case for the screen finally broke from its hinges (the left side first then the right two months after). Not wanting to try to get replacement parts for it - it's a three year old computer I got at a clearance sale, I decided to just get rid of the screen and use a spare monitor I have.
I took off the adapter and battery, carefully removed the screen, microphones, and webcam and left it there for about five hours.
When I came back, I attached the monitor, plugged in the adapter and battery, and the light on the power jack turned on, but when I tried turning on the computer it wouldn't do anything. No noise from the fan, nothing. The little light that indicates the computer is powered wasn't on either - just the one on the jack.

I don't really know what to do now. I assume it's something to do with the power supply? Thanks in advance for your replies and Happy Holidays!

I would probably take it to a laptop repair place. Those things are not meant to be disassembled so there may need for soldering to be involved, and so forth. If not, you can still remove the hard drive to save your data.

The LCD cables are not soldered, they are inserted into a small very narrow connector and secured in place by thin sticky tape in back of the panel

Nevermind, I got it. Thanks for the tip about the video cable, turns out I forgot to disconnect this circuit board that was underneath the screen - maybe a graphics card?? idk. I'm just happy I got myself a new keyboard computer ^.^

Back