Laptop won't turn on

By Homer188
Feb 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. long story so i'll try to make it short.acer laptop not even 90 days old screen started jumping.Contacted acer and they said to send it in.I did and they found a cracked screen.Wanted $200 to fix not covered.I said send it back I can't afford that.I'll hook it up to my TV.Got it back and tried to turn it on but it didn't work.Called Acer and they said they would only fix it if I get the screen repaired by them and also that because I didn't get them to fix the screen that my warranty is no void.I really get upset over big companies taking advantage of the normal working people.
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,451   +135

The laptop won't turn on at all? If you mean no external display, the motherboard may be damaged
  3. Homer188

Homer188 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

well i finally got the thing to turn on now the problem is the screen it keeps jumping all over the place makes it almost impossible to read
  4. Tmagic650

Does an external monitor work normally? We know that the LCD panel is cracked, right?
  5. Homer188

yes the lcd screen has a crack in the upper right hand corner which i could live with if it would stop jumping.As for the external monitor I haven't hooked it up as of yet (no cable)
  6. Tmagic650

You are lucky to have a jumping screen or anything on the screen at all with the screen being cracked
  7. Homer188

yeah you are right but just a little crack about 1 inch long
  8. Tmagic650

Any crack on an LCD screen is bad and it will only get worse over time. It must be replaced. What is the make and model of this Acer?
  9. Homer188

The make and model is Acer Aspire 5250.Npw it has a new trick it only seems to come on when it feels like it lolAfter I take the back off it works as long as I don't turn it off
  10. Tmagic650

11. Homer188

Thank You for all your help.

Rick19
  12. Tmagic650

Okay Rick,
    are you going to replace the LCD Panel?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.