Lara Croft lives on...

By lokem
Mar 20, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saw a post over at UsaToday saying that Lara Croft will have a new look in an upcoming game:

Full article: http://www.usatoday.com/life/2002/2002-03-20-lara-croft.htm

She doesn't look too different to me...
  2. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,536   +92

pc.IGN.com have the date of the game release being pencilled in.
    The www.tombraider.com site has the 21st as a date of something... guess its the unveiling then.:p
  3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

They need to quit the TombRaider series & try something new. It's really tired & over done :dead:
  4. Arris

They have done lots of other stuff. Its just after the film they probably see the money that could be made from all the people that were subjected (I think thats the right word to use here) to the film that might try the game.

Eido games...
    • Commandos2
    • Project Eden
    • Project IGI 2 (in development)
    • Anachronox (RPG)

I do agree with you though, Lara Croft (Laura Cruise originally but Americans have a problem with saying Laura apparently and Cruise changed to Croft to keep the English sound to the name) should be put to bed (no pun intended and no reference to Angelina Jolie intended either).
  5. boeingfixer

boeingfixer Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,245

Here Here, I never was a tombraider fan...let Lara rest...
  6. Didou

I'm not talking about EIDOS but rather Core Design, the Studio behind the Tombraider Serie. They came out with Project Eden but in many ways it felt like another Tombraider game ...

I haven't seen the movie though, would anyone recommend it ?
  7. Arris

Commandos2 was also Core.
    And Herdy Gerdy is a break from the norm if ever I saw one.
    When you look at Core's back catalogue I definitely agree with you
    The start of the move is nice as Jolie has a quick shower. :slurp:
    Its the sort of movie I would happen to watch if I was bored and there was nothing else on television. I rented it but only because there was nothing else out at blockbuster that was at all appealing at the time.
  8. Arris

www.tombraider.com went live today.
    To me the games looks like a Metal Gear Solid 2 attempt for the PC, but thats just the impression that I get from the little tiny screen shots.
  9. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

I have Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business and Tomb Raider II: The Golden Mask!
    And my favourite is (and most likely will be) the first one, the original Tomb Raider (with 3dfx patch ;)).
  10. lokem

lokem Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 773

Strange enough, even though TR has been out for ages, I haven't finished a single one!!! It tends to get a biit boring after running round and round for a while {g}
  11. Demiurg

Demiurg Newcomer, in training Posts: 86

No, she doesn't does she. And reading Gamespots preview gives me an acute sense of déja vù - it's the same old story since every new TR ever.
    "While the graphics are getting a marked improvement..." Yeah, right.
    "Lara Croft has never looked this good." If I bothered I could dig up exactly the same quote for every TR game after the first one.
    "The game will take players to exotic locations like Paris and Prague." You don't say...
    How about: "Without any new ideas nor changing the formula one iota Core expects to keep on cashing in on the neverending cashcow forever and ever."
    Next game please.

12. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Re: Re: Lara Croft lives on...

:haha:
    The places in TR1&2 weren't "exotic"?
  13. Didou

Slight mistake, Commandos was done by Pyro Studios...:)
  14. Arris

Doh.. I was sure the box I had at home had core on it...
    :(
    I was so sure I didn't even double check it :blush:
  15. Xerak

Xerak Newcomer, in training Posts: 24

In ever tomb raider game lara has a new look just might not be a very big one
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.