TechSpot

Larry Page to replace Eric Schmidt as Google's CEO

By Matthew
Jan 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Google has announced upcoming managerial changes that will see Eric Schmidt step down from his decade-long run as chief executive. Starting April 4, Google co-founder Larry Page will replace Eric Schmidt as the company's CEO. Schmidt will become Google's executive chairman and will focus on making external deals, partnerships, and government outreach.

Read the whole story

2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

I KNEW IT! THEY GOT RID OF HIM! Well at least as the CEO they got rid of him.

3. Leeky

Leeky TS Evangelist Posts: 4,378   +98

So he's no longer the face of Google, but basically still carries on as before?

I mean if the three of them have been making all the decisions as a group it'll be no different even with the 3 amigos switching around or whatever. :haha:

4. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

We won't see as many press releases/statements from him. He is after all the guy who said if we didn't like street view to "move"

5. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I love street view.

6. I still don't trust Google.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.