Latest drivers for ATI Mobility Radeon installed on Dell Inspiron 9100

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone!!
i have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with a ATI mobility radeon 9700 graphics card. if i try installing the latest drivers for the mobility 9700 downloaded from the ATI site the driver does not recognize the graphics card. for the same reason i am not able to install the ATI Catalyst either. Am stuck with the age old driver provided on the Dell Support site. please help.

Download the one at the Dell site found by using your Service Tag. It works fine. If you do not like what it is doing, tell us what it is doing incorrectly. Dell updates that site whenever there is a better driver. Windows Update then updates it accordingly. You will not beat that at the ATI site because they supply the one to Microsoft for use in Windows updates. There are some proprietary features in a lot of the graphics cards used by Dell and other manufacturers that render them not equal to the retail ATI video graphics.

hi Rabay!
thanx for the prompt response. There isnt any specific problem with the driver but recently low requirement games like Enemy territory have also started stuttering on my laptop. but since it was running fine earlier with the same driver set i guess it has so be due to some other factor i just wanted to be sure....

no lap top has a video card that will game good. most are built on the mother board and nothing is going to make them good...

That is not ezactly true, however. aover the past two years, there have been a large number of terrific laptops with the ability to use one of several laptop video graphics cards and offer excellent gaming features.
Maybe not in Parmer county, but certainly in Clovis and Lubbock..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back