1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Google Easter Egg lets you play Breakout in your browser

By Shawn Knight ยท 8 replies
May 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google is once again up to their usual antics with a new Easter Egg. In celebration of the 37-year-old arcade game Breakout, the search giant takes us on a trip down memory game by allowing Google Image Search users to...

Read more

2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,707   +563

Pretty random, 2nd level was Mount Kilimanjaro and then it gave me Boiled Eggs, wish I had this a couple years ago, I would have wasted so much time at work playing this.

avoidz likes this.
  3. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Addict Posts: 624   +67

Bloody brilliant haha, I love this game :p

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 12,086   +2,106

What it lacks, is the Atari, "Paddle Controller". I have an Atari 2600 game collection for the PC, which contains breakout. Twisting the rudder on a joy stick seemed to nonlinear and skittish. I never developed the rhythm I could have with the paddles, and gave up on it.

Disclaimed; The opinions expressed here are those of a criminally insane non gamer. I suppose it remains to be seen, if y'all believe one factor is predicated on the other.

5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

Gee, thanks Google. Now I've wasted another half-hour on the Internet and forgot why I opened up my browser, for the 3rd time today!

Fun game =)

6. Picked up a pristine condition 2600, loooooooooove playing this game with the paddles.

7. Elian Manzueta

Elian Manzueta TS Rookie

Haha! I saw this on Reddit yesterday! I loved playing it, really entertaining.

-Elian

8. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 12,086   +2,106

Atari reissued the 2600 in time for Christmas a few years back. I was sorely tempted.

9. avoidz

avoidz TS Guru Posts: 460   +55

Arkanoid was better.