Latest in Smartphones: Third Quarter 2010

Very nice article! And the Nokia N8 images do look absolutely stunning! amazing for a phone thats for sure! Its a shame about the software but it had the better battery life and being a nokia it'll have no issues for the next 10 years to come! although you probably won't keep it that long in all fairness.

Really good article, sure wasn't expecting on seeing this kind of article here.
Will we see quarterly phone articles from now on?

About the phone lineup, I would like to see Nokia get some more MeeBo/Moblin phones out as the N800 has a pretty impressive OS.

I've been waiting for an article like this.

Now I am thinking about getting the Dell Streak if I can get that on AT&T's service.

Since I can pm someone pm'd me and asked about listening to pandora on the aria and using maps at the same time. Yes it is possible.

Also a group of people at the xda forum are trying to get froyo(Android 2.2) to work on this phone. If you are going to get an android phone for at&t under contract i would recommend the aria over the backflip. The backflip so far has not been able to be rooted.

A co-worker of mine is beta testing the Dell Streak and it is using the At&t network.

The article is very nice, however the stated stand-by times are utter lies. HTC and Apple for 10-16 days?? I know many people with these devices, and these last a maximum of 2 days with everything turned off, let alone wanting to reach 10-16 days!!!

Nice phones but I'm more frugal. It would be nice to know the monthly charges. It would also be nice to pay the $600 or so once and have lower monthly rates, like the pay as you go I presently use. Shouldn't something like this last 10 years? I have a year 2000 HP computer in my collection (not Y2K). Blame it on capitalism, I guess, altho everything is manufactured in a communist country.

Guest said:
The article is very nice, however the stated stand-by times are utter lies. HTC and Apple for 10-16 days?? I know many people with these devices, and these last a maximum of 2 days with everything turned off, let alone wanting to reach 10-16 days!!!

With everything turned off I get 5-7 days on my HTC Touch HD. If I let it maintain a 3g connection for getting weather, facebook etc updates then yes, its down to 1-2 days.

My iPhone 3GS barely lasts 1.5 days on standby, with only the occasional call. If I use the mp3 player, and use the phone for several calls in a day, t doesn't even last 24hours. I have to charge it every night regardless. Its so bad I purchased a new charger which I carry with me all the time now.

Its actually rather shocking, as my previous Nokia E71 used as many features as I do with the iPhone, but lasted 3-4 days on a full charge, even when used continiously!

Back