Latitude D620 boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

Ijust read a few minutes ago that you may be you can help me with generate a bios password to a dell d620, i got it from a friend of mine who bought it as a second hand about 5 months ago, but his 14 yrs old son playing in the bios setup type in the password.

Now my friend is tired of it. that is why he gave it to me.

Can somebody help?

the service tag is #3k6xrc1-595b, an bios is v07

I hope you can.

Thanks You.

Raul Hernandez

Sorry, but we do not assist with password issues.
In addition, the Dell Latitude D620 password failure is known as impossible to correct. Dell cannot do it. The famous password house in Ontario, Canado cannot do it. There are three reports of owners getting theirs fixed online, but they are not verified, and I doubt that those reports are true.

Sorry, but I think you have a permanently dead Dell Latitude D620...
And if I am wrong, no member of TechSrvcs can assist you on this site.

Sure it will work if you know how to program the EEPROM, and replace it... but Dell is not going to tell you what code is needed... a blank EEPROM does not work. Every combination anybody can think of has been tried to no avail. Back when TechSpot supported password message exchanges, there were reports of only three fixes... and those were not verified. The person who claimed to have ways to deal with the D620 password died, or became too ill to assist. Nothing has been heard from him in nearly two years.

Hi raybay:
I have been reading some old post and i read one obout a this password ictkkch6 and you say it worked for your client:

#2 08-02-2007
raybay
TechSpot Evangelist Location: Four Corners, US

Thanks. It worked for my client

So is it posible a solution about to find a way without dell support, to get password that work to my laptot?

thanks

Thanks everyone!!

I solved my password problem!!

I got the laptop's former owner company's name and then i called online dell support and they
process the bios password in a few minutes.

I think i was so lucky.

Thank Raybay and everyone too.

We find this imbalance a lot... Companies can get services individuals cannot.

Smart of you to do it the way you did... and lucky you had a paper trail.

But I am also grateful that Dell and others make it difficult for thieves to profit from their crimes.
It just seems there ought to be a middle-ground... there are so many reports on this forum, that you would think Dell, HP, Sony, and others could have a service for a reasonable cost that would protect the owner, and still make something work for new owners...

I could envision an online registration, when the password does not otherwise work... then, for a fee, the computer company could track down and verify the new onwer - user

Can any one get me password of my laptop DELL latitude D620 from service tag or from dump of eeprom (45PE20 read with super pro 3000U)
service tag: fcd0s2j-5952b
eeprom 45PE20

Attachments

• eeprom.zip
    25.2 KB · Views: 33
Assuming u can get CD access u can reprogram the bios using Dell's bios upgrade, found on their driver section. The boot block reprogram is usually done with FD but Dell's bios files are 2 big for FD. A blank pw then will be available.

Have you ever done it, Jeanenry?
It is our understanding that you cannot perform that that task when the unit is passworded.
The Dell tech support people deny what you say is possible if the machine is blocked by an unknown password.
We keep hearing that it is do-able, but have never found anyone who has done it, or knows how to do it.
Just another urban computer legend, methinks.

Dell Latitude d830 bios password

Hi, everyone

My son's laptop cannot boot due to a grey screen asking for a password authentication, he saying he didn't put any password. can someone help me on this one.
Dell latitude D830

Service Tag# DM5Y5H1
Express service code : 29638417717

authentication code: # DM5YH1 - 595B

THANK YOU.

TechSpot folks cannot help you with this issue. Talk to Dell. Prove you are the owner, then deal with Dell USA.

man so noone knows any program or anyting we can do to override, or reset the bios pasword on the latitude d620....i just got it from a pawn shop.

No luck. No can help here on TechSpot

I can tell you from a great deal of experience repairing Dell laptops that the D620 is considered one of the three most difficult motherboards on which to repair a password problem.

There are places you can find on eBay and in Google searches who will replace the EEPROM that holds the password for about $100 to $120... and I have seen those work well.

well, can the motherbord just be replaced then???? or is there anything that i can replace, im not so much worried in fixing it, if its easier and faster to replace soething, and just buy new softwear, i would rather do that....so wat can i do????

The motherboard can be replaced... not a big job. Look on eBay or at Dell for a Dell Refurbished motherboard... using the identical part number as on your system board.
But they are rare due to the high incidence rate, and run between $89 and $149 depending on the day for a refurbished one. New ones are $279

There are actually six different Dell boards that will work, but I don't remember the model numbers...

The trick is in finding them at a good price.

But jot down all the numbers of boards available on eBay, but do not get the board there unless it is Dell refurbished. Sometimes you can luck out with a board that was available because of a damaged screen... but that is rare with the D620 and related series... It is among the most difficult Dell boards to repair when there is a password issue.

WELL, i dont know if this isrih, but he ones on ebay say, xd299, gk189, nVidia vga rrt932, r894j, andox299.....is this wat im looking for....none of them say dell refurbished thouhg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back