LCD TV as computer monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased lcd tv to use as a computer monitor. Plugged in VGA cable but I get no picture or sound. Screen is black. How do I get my computer to recognize the new lcd tv monitor. Thanks for helping!

Sound won't ever be there through just a VGA cable, you'll need to run from your line out on the computer to line in on the TV. You also need to make sure the TV is actually in the correct mode for the VGA input (like Input 1, Input 2, Input 3, ect). Lastly I'd change your resolution on your monitor to something like 1024x768 before connecting to your tv. Then once it is connected and working change it to whatever looks best on your tv.

Just purchased lcd tv to use as a computer monitor. Plugged in VGA cable but I get no picture or sound. Screen is black. How do I get my computer to recognize the new lcd tv monitor. Thanks for helping!

Is this a laptop or desktop? Make sure you video card drivers up to date. Some have extended features for TV watching but your using VGA to VGA correct. Then you computer use a regular monitor to make sure the desktop computer is show video on the screen. If this is a laptop then you press one of the FN with the matching CRT/LCD screen button one of the F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F8, F9, F10, F12 keys. Each PC is different so It's hard to tell.

You have to configure your computer for Dual displays(which i assume your are doing)

go to your video cards control panel which is under the control panel then go to the dual displays or dual monitor or somthing to that tune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back