LCD TV Price Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear this? Price drops have been constant for the past 24 months but I can't think of a particular reason why such a big drop in June.

Common out here. Mothers Day, Fathers Day, and Graduation have passed by then, and sales drop dramatically when people use their extra funds for summer travel. It takes a lot to pull them back into the store. Happens every year to get rid of old stock. The new stock comes in at the higher prices before October 1.

I could swear I read it on Gizmodo, but now I can't find the blog. They basically stated that one of the major LCD TV Mfg's like Samsung was going to lower prices by 20-25% next month (June) and that this would cause the other mfg's to do they same. The reason why they are doing this is because sales has not been as good as projected and they want to boost it.

That may be possible. Samsung also manufactures panels so it could also be that prices for those are dropping which will lead to an eventual price drop in LCDs across the board. If that would be the case it would take a bit longer, likely until the holiday season.

The Sky is Falling......

Normally, sometime during the summer, Best Buy offers dramatic price reductions on LCD monitors. August 7, 2007, I purchased a Westinghouse 22" widescreen for $179.95. Normal year round selling price is about $250.00, even on line.

My concern this year is whether the falling value of the dollar and shipping costs would offset typical summer bargains, and actually cause rising prices in the fall.

Or, if realizing that nobody has as much "disposible" income, the dealers and manufacturers stage even bigger price reductions to keep cash flow going, or from flowing to someplace else.

You know the US dollar is in trouble when people from Europe are coming to America for shopping bargains. But, eventually it seems a weak dollar will drive at home prices up rather than down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back