Leaked: iPhone 5 part shows larger screen, thinner bezel

Emil

Staff

There have been rumors for a while now that the iPhone 5 would feature a 4-inch display in order to compete with the various larger Android and Windows phones already available. Now, there's a leaked image that shows what the front of such a device might end up looking like.

iDeals China, a Chinese reseller of Apple parts, has published an image of the digitizer panel for the fifth generation iPhone's touchscreen. Although no measurements for the cutout were posted, it would appear that the next iPhone will still be roughly the same size as the current iPhone 4, but would simply squeeze in a larger screen into a thinner bezel (on all sides). This is assuming, of course, that this image is real; we're still classifying this as a very early leak.

The next iPhone will likely debut this summer. Specifically, we're expecting Apple to release its latest and greatest in June 2011.

Permalink to story.

Oh please. It looks like it was made in a high school shop class. Look at how uneven the black bezel is. It's on an angle for god's sake!

That must have been sarcasm guys :) looks fake tho with that angled top bezel mentioned earlier. It needs a bigger screen tho. My hd7 makes iPhones look tiny. Would they be easier to break the glass? Wrong material for a phone imo.

yukka said:
That must have been sarcasm guys :) looks fake tho with that angled top bezel mentioned earlier. It needs a bigger screen tho. My hd7 makes iPhones look tiny. Would they be easier to break the glass? Wrong material for a phone imo.

Also the sides are too thin. Plus if apple increases the screen size they'll need to bump up the res. Even apple fanboys won't lose PPI from their magic "retina display".

yRaz said:

I thought the lack of depth in the picture made it obvious..

Obviously not to the writer. I'm still waiting for them to take this article down because honestly it didn't need to be posted. We all know emil is a good writer for the site as shown by his article about the firefox beta and mozillas future firefox plans.

But then he makes some HUGE mistakes with articles saying.

"When asked about what Windows Phone 7 did better than Android, he didn't draw a blank. "I would say that for right now, a customer interested in gaming," MacKenzie replied."

or brilliant responses to other members like http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4345/dwm2011022023515274.jpg

"Leaked: Puported iPhone 5 part shows larger screen, thinner bezel "

So? There's a reason there aren't articles on pictures like this.
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p4200-oh-chef-2c-c-27mon-now.html

Because it's so obviously a photoshopped image.

Princeton said:
yRaz said:

I thought the lack of depth in the picture made it obvious..

Obviously not to the writer. I'm still waiting for them to take this article down because honestly it didn't need to be posted. We all know emil is a good writer for the site as shown by his article about the firefox beta and mozillas future firefox plans.

But then he makes some HUGE mistakes with articles saying.

"When asked about what Windows Phone 7 did better than Android, he didn't draw a blank. "I would say that for right now, a customer interested in gaming," MacKenzie replied."

or brilliant responses to other members like http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4345/dwm2011022023515274.jpg

"Leaked: Puported iPhone 5 part shows larger screen, thinner bezel "

So? There's a reason there aren't articles on pictures like this.
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/member-galleries/p4200-oh-chef-2c-c-27mon-now.html

Because it's so obviously a photoshopped image.

You have a lot of fight in you.

st1ckm4n said:
Surprised no one uses polycarbonate.. It's standard in spectacles nowadays.

Why would they? Polycarbonate glasses won't break, but they DO get scratched.. scuffed..

Decent phones these days are using actual glass, but hardened and ruggedized with metal and plastic molecules. Gorilla glass and sapphire glass are far superior for your phone than your typical polycarbonate.

Money says the new iphone 5 will still have antenna issues... I have $100 on it. Anyone care to take that bet?

Wendig0 said:
Money says the new iphone 5 will still have antenna issues... I have $100 on it. Anyone care to take that bet?

You're on! I may not care much for Apple and their products, but surely that's an issue they'll fix. So $100 it is!

Back