TechSpot

Leaked: pictures of Android 2.3 running on the Nexus S

By Emil
Nov 25, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Pictures of the next major version of Android, version 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread), running on the Samsung Nexus S, have leaked to XDA Developers thanks to an anonymous source. The photos are quite blurry and don't really reveal many new features in Android 2.3, but it's still a significant leak. It means that the Nexus S, the successor to the Nexus One, is coming, and it's coming soon.

Read the whole story

2. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

Still waiting on a 1280x720 phone. For me the 800x480 resolution is the main reason to pick up an iphone 4 instead.

3. peas

peas TS Rookie Posts: 50

if you want 1280x720, why did you settle for 800x480 with the iPhone 4? Not that the pixel density even makes a difference other than an initial "wow" factor. You sure you're not just a crApple fanboi?

4. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

Well I am still waiting Froyo for Galaxy S, so I guess at this rate I'll get 2.3 around this time next year ?

5. negroplasty

negroplasty TS Maniac Posts: 537   +12

not that I have one, or would ever own one, but; the iphones resolution is 960x640.

6. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,062   +77

But it doesn't have Super Amoled, and I will always prefer Super Amoled over iphone's offering, just for the fact that it is much superior display. You can only know what i mean by putting the two side by side for comparison.

7. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,537   +330

Haha! this must be the most inexperienced comment I have ever read!

Your saying the only reason screens on phones are higher res is for the initial "Wow!" factor?
    your kidding right?

go and get an older colour screen (say a nokia N-gage) then get a iPhone 4. which one fits more on the screen?

strange how much more user friendly the iPhone is over the n-gage yet the n-gage is physcally a bigger phone?

8. Burty he's a retard. I despize apple so I'm no fanboy. He also obviously knows nothing about phones as he said the iphone was 800x480.

Princeton. Sent from my palm pre.

9. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Peas, you are a douche.

10. Funny how iCrAppleholics never claim to be one, but are always proving they are by dissing on anyone or anything that most likely is beter. Because they (Samsung) supply the majority of their 2nd rate parts that make CrApple products.

Since rebranded generic parts are what CrApple uses to make their already proven flawed designed devices in the first place. Whether they are "Select", "Value" or "Great Value" generic they are all inferior to what Samsung put's in their own products. But CrApple has you iCrAppleholics believing their cheap junk is better! Sad..... isn't it? It doesn't take a genius to figure out you *****s are getting bamboozled by a CON! lol.... :p

11. princeton

princeton TS Addict Posts: 1,716

It doesn't take a genius to figure out your a ****ing *****. I hate apple. I'm simply saying that phones need to match/surpass the resolution in the iphone 4. The logical way to do that is 1280x720 on a 4.3" screen.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.