TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Leap Motion gesture controller arrives May 13, initial app lineup detailed

By Jos · 12 replies
Feb 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We’ve kept our eye on Leap Motion’s gesture control system ever since the company first unveiled the tiny device less than a year ago -- and apparently so have “hundreds of thousands” other people among developers and early adopter who’ve...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,488   +967

This is probably the sickest gadget to date. Maybe we can see this implemented with Microsofts 3D holographic desktop.

tehbanz likes this.
  3. DKRON

DKRON TS Guru Posts: 568   +25

Does anyone know if it will work with tv's?

4. Jad Chaar

What is the connection? USB? If so then yes.

5. DKRON

But the "Airspace will launch with full support for Windows 7 and 8, as well as Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8. Apps sold through Leap Motion?s app store will mirror the same 30/70 revenue split model popularized by Apple?s App Store." would make it seems like you need a app for the device to work

6. Jad Chaar

Ah, I guess maybe later in the development. Maybe if you have a smart tv it will work in the future.

7. DKRON

I sure hope so, because that would allow normal tv's to become full interactive without the price tag included

8. Jad Chaar

Yeah, similar to LGs tech but without a remote

9. DKRON

Not really, this tech is so much more responsive then any other product available today

10. Jad Chaar

Yeah, I cant wait to see where this can get.

11. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

Just looking at that top photo makes my arm tired. Swiping away an item in Clear would be cool, but I can't see myself holding my arm in mid-air to fully use an app. A while ago, I really wanted a gyro mouse which moved a cursor by rotating a device in mid-air. After a couple minutes of using one at work (they had one for presentations), I no longer wanted one.

12. DKRON

But that's what they said about the Wii too, and look how popular that turned out :)

13. Jad Chaar

I like the idea, but personally I like touch better