TechSpot

Leap Motion gesture controller arrives May 13, initial app lineup detailed

By Jos
Feb 27, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. We’ve kept our eye on Leap Motion’s gesture control system ever since the company first unveiled the tiny device less than a year ago -- and apparently so have “hundreds of thousands” other people among developers and early adopter who’ve...

Read more
  2. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,953   +900

This is probably the sickest gadget to date. Maybe we can see this implemented with Microsofts 3D holographic desktop.
    tehbanz likes this.
  3. DKRON

DKRON TS Enthusiast Posts: 559   +11

Does anyone know if it will work with tv's?
  4. JC713

What is the connection? USB? If so then yes.
  5. DKRON

But the "Airspace will launch with full support for Windows 7 and 8, as well as Mac OS 10.7 and 10.8. Apps sold through Leap Motion?s app store will mirror the same 30/70 revenue split model popularized by Apple?s App Store." would make it seems like you need a app for the device to work
  6. JC713

Ah, I guess maybe later in the development. Maybe if you have a smart tv it will work in the future.
  7. DKRON

I sure hope so, because that would allow normal tv's to become full interactive without the price tag included
  8. JC713

Yeah, similar to LGs tech but without a remote
  9. DKRON

Not really, this tech is so much more responsive then any other product available today
  10. JC713

Yeah, I cant wait to see where this can get.
  11. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Booster Posts: 577   +98

Just looking at that top photo makes my arm tired. Swiping away an item in Clear would be cool, but I can't see myself holding my arm in mid-air to fully use an app. A while ago, I really wanted a gyro mouse which moved a cursor by rotating a device in mid-air. After a couple minutes of using one at work (they had one for presentations), I no longer wanted one.

12. DKRON

But that's what they said about the Wii too, and look how popular that turned out :)
  13. JC713

I like the idea, but personally I like touch better

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.