TechSpot

Left 4 Dead 2 coming to PC and 360 November 17

By Matthew
Jun 2, 2009
  1. Yesterday at Microsoft’s pre-E3 conference, Valve confirmed that Left 4 Dead 2 will be released November 17 exclusively on the PC and Xbox 360. Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve, states that the new game “will set a new benchmark” for co-op games. The game will present new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items. Left 4 Dead 2 promises to be much larger than the first, bringing more campaigns and maps for all modes of play.

Read the whole story

2. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 727   +30

Definately a brilliant piece of news. I wanted a good expansion with extra zombies and more levels. I definately not mind paying for it - I picked it up in the Steam sale and havent looked back.

Awesome news.

3. bl4cksh4d0w

bl4cksh4d0w TS Rookie Posts: 18

I really like this game, but at first I hated it. This is because it is not newb friendly when playing versus mode. It can be challenging at first even for an experienced multiplayer FPS player like myself. Instead of people giving you any advice, they just yell at you and kick you.

This is great news…

4. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger TS Rookie Posts: 17

Looking forward to this, especially if they dump the too-old source engine, and ideally make it dx11!

5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,356   +402

Can't wait to play this one. Nice preview with video here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/988/988416p1.html?_cmpid=ign104

6. yukka

yukka TechSpot Paladin Posts: 727   +30

This video shows the axe in use. Still looks like the source engine to me by the way. Not that thats a bad thing if they get the gameplay right again.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_axeownage_052809.html

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.