TechSpot

Left 4 Dead 2 Issues

By noxns
Feb 6, 2010
  1. Hello, I am posting this for a friend to try to fix his game. I bought him L4D2 the other day and he says:

"It seems like the signal from my mouse is taking a long time to get to the game. Same with my keyboard. It's very choppy in certain areas and sometimes the graphics look like an N64 game. Whenever I jump it's like I get frozen in the air just a little, and everything else is moving but I'm still in the air... it's almost like I'm lagging but I don't think I'm lagging."

He showed me this screenshot of how the fire looks in his game: img52.imageshack.us/img52/1642/firel(.jpg)-- compare this to mine: img229.imageshack.us/img229/3410/blarr2(.jpg)

We've messed with the settings endlessly -- tried almost every combination possible with things turned on and off and it doesn't seem to make a difference. His computer runs MW2 fine so there's no reason it can't run L4D2 just the same.

I don't know much about computers myself, so I asked him to take a screenshot of his DXDIAG thing with System and Display so you should have all of the information: img502.imageshack.us/img502/1981/systemspecsm(.png)

Thanks for the help.

P.S. I am probably breaking the rules by posting links before I have 5 posts but sorry D: I don't know what else to do

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

It looks like his PC doesn't meet the minimum requirements of the game, especially the intel integrated graphics.

A fuller version of the dxdiag can be displayed if you click on the "Save all information" button and post the text.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.