Left 4 Dead Out of Memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaMsTeYr

I'm trying to replay Left 4 Dead on my laptop, but all of a sudden it stopped working, Crashing right after the intro movie giving me an Assert memstd.cpp Out of Memory, something or rather error...

Anyone else has this and know how to solve it...? running Windows 7 and windows Vista and both have this error, and no i'm not out of memory, at least last i checked L4D doesn't churn all 4gb.

Does your laptop work normally for routine work like word processing and email?
Perhaps you could post your brand and model. Many laptops simply cannot handle intense graphics.
Have you tested your memory using the free MemTest86. It only takes one failing memory stick to cause the problem.

Hmm, yep my laptop can do those just fine.

My laptop is:
ASUS M50Vn
Intel T9400
4gb ram
500gb HDD
9650MGT 1gb VRAM

Thing is that it used to work when i first got the laptop, then it stopped working in windows Vista, so i installed it in Windows 7 and it didn't work in windows 7 as well >_>

I might want to try a mem test then... Might be the issue... all i need is to pop in my Linux CDs anyway...

And you are certain that Windows 7 works on your system?
Did it perform OK with WXP? and with Linux? But not with VISTA and Not with Windows 7 ?
That would tell me a lot, as VISTA and Windows 7 are similar.
Does the Device manager show all devices installed normallyl without red or yellow alerts?

Yep, this same L4D works on my Desktop running Windows 7 and XP dual booted and works on both.

Everything is installed fine and no red and yellows, yeah >_> And L4D with Linux? o.o" It worked on all, just now my Laptop is saying no no D:

did you try changing the audio quality to medium? mine randomly crashes but after i did that it worked

I would if i could honestly... i can't even get into the game to do it :( as soon as i attempt to watch the intro movie till the end or skip it, at the loading screen it just crashes.

Damaged installs? I'm using Windows 7 now on my desktop and i've had it installed and used as my primary os for over a few months now as soon as RC came out. the only MAJOR bug which i had is my start menu disappearing...

did you try going to this website( i stumbled upon it because im having my own problems with L4D)
since some didn't notice that clicking the word this took you to the website heres the website:
http://tinyurl.com/n265y8
(i made it tinyurl because the regular one is big)

But the install problems vary from board to board, and manufacturer to manufacturer.

(Kotu2: didn't see a website posted)

Did you try what I posted? yes no? please reply because i can do some more research im just really bored right now.

Hmm i tried but to no avail. It works now... I net connected my laptop and updated Left 4 Dead to 1.0.1.4 and it stopped crashing hahaha.... happy times. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back