Left 4 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

redpikachu12

all my specs can run l4d but im not sure if a pentium 4 2.93ghz 2.93ghz would be able to play it, it said on steam minimum 3 ghz

to play l4d you might have to upgrade your CPU ortherwise your you might get bad performance while playing the game (5-15fps tops)

Well...your CPU is dual right?

2x 2.93ghz so it passes it ;)

Well I'm guessing your talking about CPU aha

2x a cpu speed doesnt translate to twice the performance, a common mistake of illinformed pc users.

Not to mention there are no dual core pentium 4's

2x a cpu speed doesnt translate to twice the performance, a common mistake of illinformed pc users.

Not to mention there are no dual core pentium 4's

Err, Intel's Pentium D Smithfield processors (models 805, 820, 830, 840 I believe) were powered by two 90nm Prescott cores on a single die. Likewise, the Pentium D Presler CPUs (the 9xx series) housed two 65nm Cedar Mill cores.

If you're not familiar with the Prescott and Cedar Mill cores, they were inside the last two Pentium 4 series chips (released in like early 2004, and 2005).

Anyway, technically speaking, yes, there were dual core Pentium 4 chips - they just weren't named "Pentium 4 Dual Core" or anything.

@redpikachu12: I've played Left 4 Dead on a Pentium D 820 (2.8GHz) and it runs whisper smooth, so if that's what you've got inside, you should be golden. Then again, you probably already have your answer, being that this thread is two weeks old :(.

the last generation of pentium 4's were ht enabled, not translating to pentium d processors, that was 2006 at the latest. Same nanometer yes, but same chip, no.

Yep, HT was disabled (except for one of the Extreme Edition processors, which actually had it enabled). Same exact cores though, to my knowledge.

Not saying the original poster definitely has a Pentium D, all that jabber was directed at: "Not to mention there are no dual core pentium 4's"

I have no idea what the original poster is running, and I don't know if Pentium D's would be read as Pentium 4's in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back