TechSpot

Lenovo 3000 G430 - Bluetooth and Wi-Fi

By kimjaezie
Sep 27, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. I'm using a laptop which the brand is Lenovo 3000 G430. just want to know whether this laptop had provided a Bluetooth and Wi-fi or not. I noticed somewhere in the system that this laptop has a Bluetooth application embedded into it. and sadly, I couldn't use it. I don't know if I'm mistaken about it or the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-fi had gone missing.

can someone help me to fix my problem? your help is kindly appreciated :)

2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,474   +329

3. kimjaezie

kimjaezie TS Rookie Topic Starter

Just read the user guide and my laptop supposedly have a Bluetooth and Wi-fi but it doesn't work. tried to re-install both drivers and the installation failed. nothing happened.

what happened to my laptop actually? do I need to get a new Wi-fi card or something? how should I fix this?

4. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,063   +919

It is embedded, search for device manager and look under network adapters and tell me what is listed under that.

5. kimjaezie

kimjaezie TS Rookie Topic Starter

it listed Broadcom 590x 10/100 Ethernet and Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter

6. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,474   +329

that's the wired NIC
    and this is your WiFi.
    on the WiFi adapter (with a wired connection to the Internet), dbl-click on the device and UPDATE driver

Let's assume Bluetooth is there and active - - what BT devices do you have and what happens when you use the device to find the PC?

7. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,063   +919

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.