Lenovo announces new Sandy Bridge notebooks, desktop

Matthew DeCarlo

Lenovo has announced two new notebooks and one new desktop that use Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge processors. The 14-inch IdeaPad Y460p and 15.6-inch Y560p laptops are based on Intel's Huron River platform and come with up to a Core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 750GB hard drive alongside 32GB of flash storage. Windows 7 is preinstalled on both machines which will launch in metallic grey and white on January 11 with a starting price of $849.

The IdeaCentre K330 desktop also scales up to Intel's new Core i7 processors. Its base price is set fairly low at $699, so we assume modest configurations will be available, but Lenovo says you'll be able to buy the machine with up to 16GB of RAM and twin RAID 0-configured hard drives offering up to 4TB of storage. The company also mentions a Blu-ray drive, a fan controller, a TV tuner, and support for DX 11 graphics, though no specific GPUs are cited.

Permalink to story.

Cool, Sandy Bridge is almost here!
The desktop sounds nice, but whenever I look for a retail desktop computer I find that all of them have integrated graphics, or really low level graphics, like the 5550/5570, 5670, 4350, or 4650.
I once saw a retail store selling a $1000 (gaming) computer with a 5670 if I remember correctly, if you pay $1000 you expect to be able to play Crysis and the 5670 won't do that very well.
I hope that Lenovo pulls out some good graphic card configurations to pair with the Sandy Bridge CPU in that desktop...

Back