TechSpot

Lenovo announces new Sandy Bridge notebooks, desktop

By Matthew
Dec 9, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo has announced two new notebooks and one new desktop that use Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge processors. The 14-inch IdeaPad Y460p and 15.6-inch Y560p laptops are based on Intel's Huron River platform and come with up to a Core i7 processor, 8GB of RAM, and a 750GB hard drive alongside 32GB of flash storage. Windows 7 is preinstalled on both machines which will launch in metallic grey and white on January 11 with a starting price of $849.

Read the whole story
  2. TeamworkGuy2

TeamworkGuy2 TS Enthusiast Posts: 195

Cool, Sandy Bridge is almost here!
    The desktop sounds nice, but whenever I look for a retail desktop computer I find that all of them have integrated graphics, or really low level graphics, like the 5550/5570, 5670, 4350, or 4650.
    I once saw a retail store selling a $1000 (gaming) computer with a 5670 if I remember correctly, if you pay $1000 you expect to be able to play Crysis and the 5670 won't do that very well.
    I hope that Lenovo pulls out some good graphic card configurations to pair with the Sandy Bridge CPU in that desktop...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.