Lenovo announces worlds thinnest Ultrabook, ThinkPad X1 Carbon

By Leeky
May 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Lenovo announced a wave of notebook updates this morning, including new range of ultrabooks set to run Intel's brand new third-generation Ivy Bridge processors. Among the models released is a...

Read the whole story
  2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Let's hope the keyboard is decent unlike on most ultrabooks, Lenovo are usually exceptional in that aspect.

It's a bit heavy compared to the competition though, even though it's made out of carbon fibre.
  3. nazartp

nazartp TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 198   +7

Pricing is the question. Anything that costs more than MacBook Air would be a hard sell.
  4. How is it the thinnest? The Macbook Air is 17.2 mm at the thickest point.
  5. Oh, I want this so much. If its <$3000 with all the extras, warranty and such, I'm game. My current Thinkpad T500 is set to self destruct in about two years, now I just need to befriend a Lenovo employee to get employee discount :)
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,443   +268

@Guest, I have to assume the answer to your question is that the MacBook Air is not an ultrabook, per Intel's own terms.
  7. Nice laptop but it's definitely not the thinnest Ultrabook, maybe the thinnest 14 inch Ultrabook

HP Spectre is 0.69 inches = 17.5mm
    http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/spectre/uk/en/specifications-xt.html#.T7Kho-vOV2A

I am sure the Samsung Series 9 and Asus Zenbook UX32VD are also thinner. Things are going to get interesting once Apple launches next generation MBAs, with upgraded specs and possible price drops. Considering Apple laptops have awesome resale value and Parallels just costs $80, that makes MBAs enticing even for Windows users, especially since they have unmatched construction quality, screens and trackpad.
  8. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 905   +36

Well hello sexy.... Hey T430u, you have major competition, from within no less. This will surely be an exciting summer/early fall for me~

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.