Lenovo C315 All-In-One Desktop PC Review

Same, but an expensive TV it would be! although I do like the idea of one of these in the kitchen, you could stream from the bbc iplayer while cooking!

This sounds like it would be perfect for my aunt. She needs a simple computer for her bakery to print out photos and keeps track of recipes, but would also like to catch the news and check her e-mail. Right now she has a traditional desktop and separate television that take up a bit of space. The touch screen on this would come in handy when her hands are sugar coated and she doesn't want to get the keyboard dirty. I might have to check this out for her. Thanks for the review.

Right now you can stream with any small footprint system would do the same if you already have HDTV in the Kitchen mounted on the wall or on the counter top. I have mine mounted on the side of the cabinet connected to HDMI Quad-core Windows 7 Utlimate 64-bit system. I stream media in 1080p over GPCIe using SageTV MC Client. I use the Lenvo N57Y6336 with the Kitchen, Living Room HTPC HD, and HO/SOHO. The same unit could be used with this all-in-one.

Another "all in one" beaten with the ugly stick - you can rail against Apple as much as you like (and I'm no fanboy - too expensive and "our way or the highway" for me - but Apple knows how to design functional and beautiful hardware - I mean, c'mon, the design of the iMac is now 4 or 5 years old and it is still the best looking "all in one" on the market.

@Guest (9:00 AM)
If your aunt doesn't want her keyboard to be dirty when "her hands are sugar coated", then what makes you think that she would mind the screen getting dirty. Wouldn't that just make it even worse, I mean, you want even be able to see properly, and it is also more likely to damage the screen. I would rather have a dirty keyboard and crystal clear screen, rather than vice-versa.

Just my thought :) :?

I have one of these and like it so far. But lenovo support is TERRIBLE. No one can tell me if the tv cable adapter should have come with the computer. Mine did not and the plug for the TV antenna input is non standard, meaning I just can not connect my coaxial cable to it. Anyone have any ideas if this computer should have come with and adapter to connect to this unique input so you can connect the coaxial input?

@Guest, we had the exact same issue with our review sample. Lenovo provided it to us after we asked about the proprietary connection. If you can't reach Lenovo's support email me and I will send you our own cable from the review sample :).

Thank you. I am struggling to get the "dongle" as they call it. First they said I have a C305 which does not have a tuner (mine was mistakenly called a C305 in the order, something Lenovo said is a glitch. If you could send me the part, that would be great. I can give you my mail address in a separate email. (kclfoxtrot@mail.com).

Well, I contacted Lenovo yet again after receiving my 2nd C315 without the TV Dongle. No one there seems to know what I am talking about. I have been getting the run around and swear I will never buy another Lenovo product. Julio, as I do not have the post count to send you a private message, can you let me know how to get in touch with you so I can purchase the TV dongle you have from your review. Thanks again for the generous offer and sorry for the double posting (kclfoxtrot@mail.com).

All,

Apologies to those who, like hockeyfox, received a C305 system without the TV dongle. A very limited number shipped missing the part as we found and corrected the issue in manufacturing.

If you are missing this adapter, please contact me at markah@lenovo.com

You can also reach me as Mark_Lenovo on the Lenovo forums http://forums.lenovo.com via private message if you are a member there.

Hockeyfox, please see my email on the way to the address posted above.

Best regards,

Mark

All,

Lenovo has compiled a list of those orders that went out without this cable and is in process of sending a letter and the missing cable out to those customers.

Here is a link to our community KB article with details

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Valueline/Missing-TV-Tuner-Cable-dongle-on-C300-C305-or-C315/ta-p/262399

Best regards,

Mark

Is there any way to connect this pc to a projector? In other words, to use dual monitors? Thanks.

hi i m fom india i want to know that
how much tv tuner will cost me ?
and could i get this in india?

Im having exact same problem trying to connect a coaxial cable to the tv tuner. Its impossible and the few people Ive asked,( one person at Best Buy), told be he was positive all I needed was a coaxial cable. Nope. What a *******. This computer from Lenovo, version 3000 c315 has issues with their tv tuner, something very unique is required to somehow connect to the typical coaxial, my guess is some kind of extension or adapter. Very frustrating though, Ive had my computer several months now and still havent figured this out yet. ( I could have tried harder and been more persistent making phone calls and physically taking my computer to a repair shop) Ive been searching internet for the last 1-2 hours looking for solution to no avail. This is not my first attempt searching the internet for the answer either. Im bringing my computer into best buy store and have them take a look at the unique,baffling,frustrating,homosexual tv tuner. Its got issues thats for sure.

RE: projector hookup

Yes there is a way to connect this computer to a projector, it actually has a specific option for hookup to projector

RE: African Mac Humper...

Ive never heard anyone speak so fondly of a computer before. You say the Mac AIO which is 3-4 years old is the most beautiful,sleek,curvy piece of hardware you've ever laid your eyes on. Ive seen Macs, plenty of em and none give me a that special feeling up your leg like that news reporter on TV who was in love with Obama. PC's are obviously the most esthetic and better in every way. You must get your head out of the gutter with that kinda thinking...Have you named your Mac yet ? =) I bet you have havent you. Yep.

I have this computer, and i am very happy with it, although the touch screen sometimes lags. I love the remote feature and TV feature. I think you all should buy it! It's great. Nobody really uses the touch screen except me though. It is very useful if you are too lazy to use the mouse. It also has a touch-screen keyboard that works great. You can also write on it (with your fingers, of course), and it would come on the web address bar, or wherever you are typing. It's pretty cool. :)

I bought a Lenovo C315 for my in-laws, and they are now struggling with an odd display issue. Often, when coming out of sleep, the screen is completely black. If you hit the button next to the power button, the screen flashes, and it appears the computer is running just fine (login screen displays briefly, then returns to a black screen). If you repeat this 20 or so times, the screen finally stays lit, and the machine runs flawlessly. I tried searching for some odd display setting, but found nothing out of the ordinary. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Back